Have you ever plan out your tasks just to find yourself running and trying to get everything done just 2 days before deadline? Or maybe you are one of those who keeps thinking ” well I have plenty of time, so I can take it easy” and starts panicking cause you just found out you are literally running out of time because of bad time management? This is caused by procrastination. But no worries. Today we will discuss how to deal with it once and for all.
There are two things in your life which determent how successful you are. Two things which has 95% influence on the outcome. If you don’t deal with them the right way, you will never be successful in life. But don’t worry, I think I have the solution for you today. After reading this blog you will know exactly what to do and how to act to.
The first one I want to talk to you about is the one causing the problem. That would be procrastination. Procrastination is delaying your tasks you actually want or have to do, knowing its a bad idea postponing these tasks.And knowing that by postponing these tasks will lead to a lot of stress and difficulties. This form of delay is also known as irrational delay.
So how do we deal with procrastination??
Now that we discussed the problem we can start talking about the solution. And the best solution for procrastination is the second thing on the list. The other thing that determines more than 90% of your success are your habits. A habit is an act or way of acting that one is accustomed to perform. It’s those things you do unconsciously – without thinking about it.
In order to deal with and overcome procrastination you need to develop the habit of setting priorities. This is a physical skill you can learn. You just need to practise it over and over again untill it becomes something you do unconsciously.
First things first. Before I give you a couple of steps you can apply to to overcome procrastination once and for all, we need to talk about some qualities you need to develop these habits. Let’s start with decision. You need to make the decision to take action on these steps to develop the habits. You also need to discipline yourself to stick with the decision you made. And let us not forget the last and in my view the most important one, determination.
Here Are some steps for you to deal with procrastination. Use these methods to set of your goals.
- Start by deciding what it is that you really want. Write down your goals on paper. By doing this every day you are training your subconscious mind.
- Don’t just make a list with all the things you want to achieve, but be sure to write down everything you need to do to achieve them.
- Set up a deadline for your goals. With no deadline you will probably start to procrastinate and lose traction.
- Priorities the things on your list. Write down where you have to start and decide how you are going to take action. Finnish one task before starting another.
- I sugest you start with the most demanding task. Don’t let the hardest one be at the bottom of your list.
- make sure you work on your list every single day of the week. It doesn’t matter how much you do, as long as you take action.
Like in my other blogs , all of this knowledge is not going to help you if you don’t have the right mindset. If you don’t believe that you can do it, or that it is not possible, you will never become successful, not only in business but in anything.